Friday, October 26, 2012

opinions

It was brought to my attention this morning that I was turned down from a job interview, due the fact that I found humor in the article I referenced in my previous post. To be honest, I am offened that my reading and reposting the article offended someone. I am not sure if I ever got into who I am as a person, but I would like to take this time out to clarify who I am. I am a 29 year old artist/educator/parent. I have 2 stepsons, whom I have been raising for almost 6 years. I am a tutor and a babysitter. I am the person who alerted parents to their children's learning disabilities and did everything in my power to help them get the help their children needed. I am the person who stops a 1st grade boy from crying by telling himm that I too have had projects of mine broken by accident, and that its ok because I will help him make a new one. I am the person who tells her stepsons, hundin reds of times a day that she loves them more than anything or anyone and always will. To anyone out there who is a parent and has real experience with children and not some clinical study experience, then you know that sometimes they can be annoying, just the same as adults. You know that their reasoning can be frustrating, such as when they explain to you that they punched Bobby in the face, it was simply because Bobby took his string cheese without asking. Kids are the #1 reason educators need to get the flu shot. We just recently FINALLY got the little one to stop wiping his nose on the bathroom curtain. Yes, kids do rediculous things, and 9 out of 10 times, parents consider these things to be cute and quirky. 10 years later, those same parents are being told to go someplace far and do sommething very uncomfortable by those same kids. The point is this, if you are around children around the clock like I am, you start to wonder certain things. The big one for me is usually "did I do that too?". I will have my own child or children some day, and I know that there will be days I want to strangle them, but not a day will go by where I ever stop loving them and feeling as though the sun rises and sets on them,but I have to be realistic and plan to do my best at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment